***NOTE: This is NOT a tutorial, nor is this going to magically allow you to use a Windows app on a Mac. This process involves a lot of different moving parts. If you do not have access to aspects of this solution, you’ll need to wait until the devs port the app to MacOS natively.***
For an updated, step-by-step tutorial, please check out my new video on this topic: https://youtu.be/U1w_dEOeQtQ
ETA 05-20-21: If you want to use this method AND pair it with your Elgato Stream Deck (or Lioranboard or Touch Portal), check out my new tutorial: https://youtu.be/Fv4c81AOgcU
In this video, I detail my rig and streaming set-up so that I can use a currently (as of Dec 2020) Windows-only program, Voicemod (https://www.voicemod.net/), on my 2020 27″ iMac! I did not know if this was going to work, but hopefully these options are helpful to others who can’t wait for Voicemod to have a native Mac app.
Apps I use in this video/set-up:
1. OBS: https://obsproject.com/
2. Streamlabs OBS: https://streamlabs.com/
3. Soundflower (abandoned project, but works on MacOS Catalina): https://github.com/mattingalls/Soundflower/releases
4. Sound Source: https://rogueamoeba.com/soundsource/
5. Parallels: https://www.parallels.com/
6. I don’t use this, but this is a free, open-source alternative to Parallels: Oracle VM Virtual Box: https://www.virtualbox.org/
I stream psychology content and courses with students and members of the public on my Twitch channel: https://twitch.tv/cogpsychprof Come and join in live discussion such as the ones seen in this video!
Find me on the web: https://swanpsych.com
Follow me on Twitter for more science and teaching-related posts: https://twitter.com/ProfASwan
Join my subreddit to discuss these videos further: https://reddit.com/r/cogpsychprof
Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/7T2jdg7Cb5