When it comes to your own Facebook chronicle, pretty much everyone has a few dead bodies in the basement. These occur in the timeline z. B. in the form of embarrassing sayings or party photos from days long past in appearance. Anyone who wants to separate once and for all from the legacy issues on their profile can now delete all Facebook posts – with much less click work than ever before.
Delete several or all Facebook posts at once
You don’t want anyone to see your old (and maybe embarrassing) posts in your Facebook timeline? Sure, with the right privacy setting, you can restrict the visibility of unpleasant own posts. Deleting has always been no problem. However, postings have so far only been removed individually, which takes a lot of time and effort. Recently, however, the Facebook app has also allowed the deletion of several or even all posts at once. To get rid of your own unwanted posts in one go, do the following:
- First open the Facebook app on your iPhone.
- On the start page (house icon at the bottom left) tap on your profile picture at the top left.
- Go to the three dots next to “Add story” in your profile and select “Activities”
- In the activity log, go to “Manage Activities” above and tap on “Your Contributions” below.
- You can now select multiple posts by ticking the box to the left.
- With a tap on the “Delete” button you can remove them. Confirms the whole thing with a click on “Move to trash”.
All posts that you put in the trash will only be deleted after 30 days. As long as you can still reach them via the “Trash” button and restore them if necessary.
You can also delete them completely in the trash view before the 30-day period expires. To do this, simply tick the relevant posts again and go to the trash can icon. Confirms again with “Delete” in the pop-up window.
In order to limit your delete action to certain post types only, the filter options “Categories” (videos, photos, posts, etc.), “Date” and “People” are also available. You can reach this via the “Filter” button at the top.
Archive several or all Facebook posts
If you don’t want to be so radical, you can archive unpleasant posts. Go through points 1 – 5 as described above. Then, however, tap on the “Archive” button. This has the advantage that you can still view the postings, but others can no longer see them. Under “Archive” you can also restore or delete the posts if necessary.
Source: iPhone Tricks