SkyJuice (@SkyJuice60), founder of Angstronomics, a media company specializing in the semiconductor industry, posted a photo of the A16 Bionic die and compared it with the A15 Bionic.
Confirmed difference between A16 Bionic and A15 Bionic
SkyJuice (@SkyJuice60) reported that the following differences were confirmed as a result of comparing the A16 Bionic and the A15 Bionic.
- The A16 Bionic has a slightly larger die size than the A15 Bionic
- High performance core (Everest) L2 cache increased from 12MB to 16MB
- System level cache reduced from 32MB to 24MB
- A cluster of high-efficiency cores (Sawtooth) moves
- GPU core layout is the same
Wccftech speculates that the reason why the system level cache has decreased is part of cost reduction.
The left side of the image below is A16 Bionic, and the right side is A15 Bionic die photo.
TechanaLye gives us the first die shot of Apple’s A16!
Angstronomics takes a shot at annotating it!
A16 appears to have:
Slightly larger die size vs A15 (%TBD)
Increased P-Core L2 (12MB16MB)
Decreased System Level Cache (32MB24MB)
E-Core Cluster moved
Same GPU layout https://t.co/RX0tipQRR4 pic.twitter.com/Q9HNc59UWk
—SkyJuice (@SkyJuice60) September 22, 2022
Source: iPhone Mania