On July 21, local time, the official version of iPad OS 14.7 for general users was released. It was released two days later than iOS 14.7.
Fixed bugs when connecting USB-C to 3.5mm adapter
The official version of iPadOS 14.7 was released two days later than iOS 14.7, which was released on July 19, local time.
Until now, iOS and iPad OS have often been released at the same time, including beta versions, and it is unusual for iOS and iPad OS to be released separately like this time. iPadOS 14.7 and iOS 14.7 releases Up to Candy Date (RC) are released at the same time.
iPadOS14.7 fixes an audio playback issue when using a USB-C to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter, in addition to the fix in iOS14.7.
The release notes for iPadOS 14.7 are as follows:
iPadOS 14.7 includes the following improvements and bug fixes for the iPad:
- HomePod timer management feature added to “Home” App
- In the podcast library, you can choose to show all shows or only the shows you follow
- Apple Music “Share Playlist” menu option not displayed
- Apple Music lossless audio and Dolby Atmos may stop playing unexpectedly
- An issue where the braille display may show invalid information when composing an email message
- Audio may skip when using a USB-C to 3.5 mm headphone jack adapter on an iPad
IPad OS 15 will be released in the fall
iPad OS 15, the next-generation OS for iPad, will enhance the multitasking function, quick memo that allows you to create memos at any time, SharePlay that allows you to enjoy FaceTime’s call partner and content at the same time, and seamless cooperation with Mac. Many new features such as Universal Control will be added, and the “File” app will support the NTFS format.
The official version of iPadOS 15 is scheduled to be released in the fall, and beta 3 for developers and public beta 3 for registered users are currently released.
Source: Apple, 9to5Mac
Source: iPhone Mania